Monday, November 07, 2005

Old shirts in the attic

Last weekend I went up to my parents to help them put some items up in the attic. While growing up, the attic was always this kind of cool because we could go up there and look at old toys that we hadn't seen in a while. It was almost like a big toybox to me just waiting to be gone through. Well I was excited about going up in the attic this time because I had not been there in years and I thought that some of my old metal shirts might still be up there. Sure enough, I did find five old shirts up in the attic although not all of them fit me like I had hoped. All of the shirts were purchased between 1987 and 1990 so that is back when sizes were smaller and shirts were far more lightweight. The oldest is an Abattoir shirt and it probably the grubbiest and fits like a second skin which I guess was good back in 1987. Next is the Metallica shirt I bought when I saw them at the Monsters of rock in 1988. It's not as worn, but again I look like a stuffed sausage in it despite the fact that I weigh less now than when I bought that shirt. The other three fit well enough and they are a Blood Feast shirt, a Possessed-Eyes of horror shirt and a Judas Priest- Painkiller shirt. I should be too old to be excited about this kind of stuff, but afraid that just isn't so because I was certainly glad to find them. As we get older I guess it's sometimes nice to still have a few things around from your past to remind you of the times past.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Antix Band is the same one.I played Guitar in the Band. J.R.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home