Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thinking of backpatches and buttons

Photobucket

After weeks of snow, ice and just nasty cold weather it's great to have a nice sunny day even it will get cold again because it is still Winter. I even abandoned my heavy coat for my denim jacket today. I have a few buttons on my jacket and no backpatch, but I had more on denim jacket back in the day. Today's weather definitely had me thinking of backpatches and buttons on denim jackets. Here are some past posts that deal with those topics if you would like to check them out.


http://metalmark.blogspot.com/2008/05/big-back-patch.html

http://metalmark.blogspot.com/2006/02/big-back-patch.html

http://metalmark.blogspot.com/2010/08/buttons.html

http://metalmark.blogspot.com/2007/12/my-button-collection.html

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

Man, I will tell you what I miss my old denim jacket Mark. It had a cool Metallica-Damage Inc. patch on it as well as Megadeth and S.O.D. I wore that think to shreds. I miss those days. Now I just rock out the t-shirts but back in the day...well it meant something to be a metalhead. Loud and proud!

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still have my jacket that i have been wearing since about 85/86ish. same 2 minutes to midnight backpatch on the back. same killing is my business logo across the shoulders. same judas priest sad wings logo patch over my heart and same sabbath master of reality patch over the left pocket. i used to have sanctuary and warlock patches, but they disappeared 20 years ago. :(

most of my classic buttons have been put away as not to lose them. i've got other patches on there as well, most put on in the last 10 years.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Rockin' Jeff said...

I still have the same (black) denim jacket i've had for about 20 years. I rode that fine line between metal and punk... There's no big center patch but it's got Motorhead, Misfits skull, C.O.C., Black Sabbath, Zep, Stones, etc. and it hasn't been modified in several years. I still rock it in the spring and fall when the weather suits it.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

My "armor" is still in closet and loaded down the buttons and patches, though I retired my Peace Sells back patch to the basement

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home